Banana cake is made with fully ripe bananas, mashed into a paste. Banana cake is often moist and sweet like any fruit cake. however most of the banana cake recipe that are conventional style yeast cake.
Ingredients for making banana bread:
- Cooking oil spray
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about 3 bananas) mashed ripe banana
- Spray the 20cm square cake pan with oil to grease. Preheat the oven to 175°C . Line with non-stick baking paper. Combine the milk and vinegar in a small jug. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the eggs, butter, vanilla and milk mixture in a separate bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the banana and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the lemon icing, stir the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in a bowl until smooth and combined. Spread over the cake and set aside for 15 minutes to set.