Carrot cake is made up of carrots,mixed with batter. The carrot are mashed in the cooking process, and the cake usually has a soft, texture. The carrots themselves get the flavor, texture, and appearance of the cake.
Ingredients for making Carrot Cake :
- One can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- Two cups shredded carrots
- Four eggs
- One cup sugar
- One cup packed brown sugar
- One cup canola oil
- Two cups all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoons baking soda
- Two teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Two packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Two teaspoons vanilla extract
- One and Half cups confectioners' sugar
Directions for making Carrot Cake :
- Drain pineapple, reserving two tablespoons juice. Take a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well mixed. Take a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually whisk pineapple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Shift to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, whisk cream cheese and butter until you get the consistency. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12 servings.