I am going to share America's one of the best know loved snack cake, Twinkies. Twinkies have been satisfying taste buds and filling lunch packs since 1930.Twinkies are also marketed as Golden Sponge Cake. Here i am going to share the best way for deep frying Twinkies.
Ingredients for Batter :
Four cups of vegetable oil
Flour for dusting
One cup milk
Two tablespoons vinegar
One Tablespoon oil
One cup flower
One teaspoon baking powder
Half teaspoon salt
- You will want to chill the Twinkies for several hours or overnight.
- Take your 4 cups of vegetable oil and heat it up in the deep fryer to about 375 degrees
- In one bowl mix together milk, vinegar and oil.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the wet ingredients with the dry and place it in the refrigerator while the oil heats up (my deep-fryer takes about 25 minutes to get to Twinkie frying status :) )
- Take the Twinkies and push the popsicle sticks into them lengthwise and leave enough room at the end of the stick to use as a grip. Dust the Twinkies in the flour and dip them in the batter you had made.
- Be careful with this next part! Place your Twinkies carefully in the hot oil. Don't get frustrated but the Twinkies do float and will need to be held down with tongs or any other long utensil. The Twinkies should turn a golden color in about 2-4 minutes.
- Once the Twinkies have changed to the golden brown color take them out and let them soak on a paper towel. Take the stick out and let them cool for about 5 minutes. I top my Twinkies with powdered sugar and chocolate drizzle. However, they are delicious all alone.